Monday, April 16, 2012

Growing pains?

Lately, Hannah has been getting injured way more than normal. Earlier today, she was enumerating her many injuries and illnesses so far this year, and there have been quite a few.

Yesterday, she got another. Some boys stopped by to prank her by showing up with trash bags on their heads. I'm still unclear about what that accomplished, but they seemed impressed with themselves. As she was dismissing them and closing the door, something happened. And since I didn't see it, I'm not a useful witness. She's not sure whether one of the boys pushed the door closed or whether the wind did it, but it slammed her fingers in the door. She came crying and I saw that her fingers just below the bottom of the nail were going to be bruised. What we didn't see until I told her to go wash off her hands so we could bandage it all properly (though unnecessarily... we thought), was that the underside of her middle finger was really hurt. I have to assume it got pinched against the metal bit in the door frame. At any rate, it was cut but looked otherwise okay.

We cleaned and bandaged the wound, applied Mommy Kisses - a requirement for proper healing, and then prepared a bag of ice. I got her comfy on the couch and turned on some tv to distract her from reality. I even brought out Mr. Snugglebug to help ward off the pain. A few minutes later, she came in looking like this:


She told me that she needed Jesus, so she went ahead and got Him. I just LOVE her!

2 comments:

Shana said...

That is so fantastic. I also enjoy the fact that mr. snuggle bug is still in her life. That just makes me supper happy.

Melissa said...

Yes, Shana. He is a very important member of this family. She can't sleep without him. I have to load him up with Mommy Loves if she's going to be away from me, so that he can keep giving her loves while we're apart. She loves that bear - and so do I! Thanks for bringing him to the family!